When I was making this cake, I thought it would fail due to how hard the mixture is. After trying it out, I realized it was essential to weaving a tea cake. It is the perfect cake to have with coffee in the morning, or tea during the afternoon or evening nap. If you try this, please let me know what you think.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 cup almond flour (you can also use almond powder if you don’t find any)
-2 tsp baking powder
-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 tsp sea salt
-1 tbsp lemon zest
-3/4 cup Greek yogurt
-1/2 cup butter
-1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
1. Heat oven to 180 C + grease and flour your cake pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the all purpose and flours, the baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest with your hands until evenly distributed. Whisk in yogurt, butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture (use a spoon because it will be too thick for your whisk).
4. Pour into pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly golden.
5. Set cake aside and in a pot, put in ¾ cup of sugar and ¾ cup water and boil until sugar is dissolved. Add sliced lemons in and cook for 7 minutes. Let it cool for an hour before putting it on the cake.